How to take care of baby's skin?
1. Maintain skin acid-base balance
The baby's skin is still in the developmental stage, and it is basically unable to regulate the pH. Therefore, it is necessary to choose mild and pure toiletries, which can not only moisturize the baby's skin, but also effectively prevent bacterial damage.
2. Choose anti-allergic emulsion
The dermis and fibrous tissue under the baby's skin are sensitive, and it is difficult to resist the complex environment outside. Therefore, it is necessary to apply a mild and non-irritating moisturizing lotion to the baby to maintain the skin's water and oil balance. Mothers should pay attention to skin folds such as the neck and underarms when applying to the baby.
3. Pay attention to prevent eczema
Babies are prone to eczema. I believe many parents have a deep understanding of this. Once suffering from eczema, it will be very harmful to the baby's skin. Therefore, experts suggest that you can apply care cream to your baby's whole body, and pay attention to the choice of non-irritating baby products for the care cream. The soft-textured care cream not only moisturizes the baby’s skin, but also blocks allergic factors in the air. It is better to massage while applying. When massaging, the movements should be gentle. Use fingers to massage small parts such as hands and feet, and use palms to massage large parts such as stomach and back. From head to tail, the baby will be more relaxed.
4. Avoid eating allergies
New mothers should pay attention to observe whether their babies are allergic to certain foods, such as milk, eggs, fish, shrimp and other foods that can only be allergic to. Many babies are allergic to milk and cause eczema. In addition, babies eat more foods with high VC content, such as kiwi, which can repair the skin well.
5. Stay away from cosmetics
Perfume and cosmetics are all blended with chemical substances, which can easily irritate the baby's skin. Therefore, mothers must avoid these products when they are in contact with the baby to prevent the baby from allergies.
Baby skin care misunderstandings
1. Baby's skin does not need care
Don't mistakenly think that your baby's skin is supple and smooth, and skin care products are not needed. According to statistics, over 60% of babies have dry and cracked skin. Once they turn a blind eye and neglect to take care of them, diseases such as eczema, prickly heat and dermatitis will occur. In summer and winter, skin problems are more likely to occur. Because human skin is like a wall, the intercellular substance between cells is the intercellular substance. The baby between the ages of three has small cells, weak skin structure, low protection function, and weak ability to resist foreign invasion. Therefore, the baby's skin needs special extra care.
2. Babies are less likely to sweat than adults
3. The baby has a small body surface area and a high density of sweat glands. Therefore, in a stuffy environment, sweat is easily trapped in the skin folds and stimulates delicate skin. At this time, mother needs to wash and care in time to keep the skin surface clean, otherwise skin problems such as prickly heat and dermatitis will occur.
3. The skin has a large water content and is not easy to lose
Although the baby's skin has a relatively high water content, the baby's skin is not fully developed before the age of 3, and the thickness is only one-third of that of an adult. Even if it looks supple and smooth, the water loss is actually very fast, and the water loss for babies within 3-6 months is about four times that of adults. Because the baby's skin's "water-locking" function is weak, they need adequate hydration care.
4. The best skin care product is milk
5. Mom will feel that breast milk is not only food, but also skin care products. However, if breast milk is stored at room temperature of 20 degrees for more than 5-6 hours, bacteria and other microorganisms may be produced, and the deterioration problem will occur. In addition, the milk contains sugar, which makes it easier to breed bacteria. Using milk containing bacteria as skin care products can easily expose babies to skin diseases such as boils and folliculitis.
5. Babies don't need to wash their hair often
The baby's scalp is underdeveloped, easily damaged, and has less oil secretion, but it is irrelevant whether it is shampooing or not. Shampoo is to clean the skin of the head and remove the microbes and dust on the head. It does not mean that there is no need to wash your hair frequently if there is less oil. Especially in the summer when sweating is easy, you should wash your hair frequently and take care of your scalp. Moms need to purchase suitable toiletries according to their own conditions.
6. The baby needs to shave his head in time for the full moon
The baby's skin is very delicate and may hurt the scalp or other tissues when getting a haircut. Once the scalp or hair follicle tissue is injured, harmful substances such as bacteria and fungi will invade the baby's body, causing folliculitis, boils, etc. In severe cases, it may even cause sepsis. So shave your baby's head less, or find a professional master. When necessary, shaving also has its actual needs. For example, if there are various skin diseases on the baby's scalp, the hair must be shaved in order to clean the wound and apply medicine.
The nutritional value of egg yolk puree
Can babies drink high-calcium milk?
The influence of four seasons on baby's skin