How to remove dental plaque?
What is dental plaque?
Dental plaque is a very common oral attachment. Everyone has heard of dental plaque, but few people can know it in detail. Let's take a look at what is dental plaque.
1. Dental plaque is actually a collection of bacteria in the human mouth. It will exist on the surface of the teeth and in the gaps. It is difficult to wash off or rinse off with water, and it will cause great damage to the teeth and gums. When dental plaque is relatively small, it is difficult to detect with the naked eye. baby toothbrush
2. Dental plaque is easy to cause dental caries and periodontal diseases. Tooth decay is commonly referred to as a worm tooth, and the bacteria in the plaque are called worms. Because bacteria can absorb the sugar in saliva and produce acidic substances, it will cause damage to the teeth.
3. Dental plaque can also harm the health of the gums. The harmful substances produced by bacteria can cause inflammation of the gums, which forms gingivitis. If not treated in time, inflammation will damage the alveolar bone, causing the teeth to become loose or even fall out.
The appearance of dental plaque seems to be a minor problem, but the damage to the oral cavity is certainly not small. The first time dental plaque appears, it is time to find a way to remove it.
How to remove dental plaque
Dental plaque adheres to the teeth, which not only affects the appearance, but also easily leads to oral diseases. You can use the following methods to remove your own plaque.
1. Brushing your teeth: Brushing your teeth is the most basic and practical way to remove dental plaque. Using the correct method to brush your teeth can greatly reduce the amount of plaque. Therefore, everyone should not only brush their teeth every morning and evening, but also use the correct way of brushing.
2. Dental floss: If you can't remove dental plaque by just brushing your teeth, you should use dental floss as an aid. Using dental floss can effectively remove plaque on your teeth.
3. Interdental brush: When you use a normal toothbrush to clean your teeth, some areas are difficult to clean. At this time, you can use an interdental brush to help clean the dead corners that the toothbrush can't brush.
4. Mouthwash: Using mouthwash is a very convenient way to clean, especially when it is inconvenient to brush your teeth at work, etc., you can use it after meals to reduce residues and attachments in the oral cavity.
When dental plaque grows on your teeth, you can use the above methods to remove it yourself. However, it is best to go to a dental hospital and ask a doctor to get rid of it.