Don't warm milk and treat leftover milk like this
In the winter when the temperature is low, the prepared milk powder will cool down quickly if it is not drunk immediately. Then, how to deal with the leftover milk after cooling down? Save it for the next meal? Still dumped decisively? It doesn't matter if you don't know, this article will solve all your questions!
◆ How to deal with the leftover milk that the baby can't finish drinking at one time?
◆ What are the tips for warming milk in cold weather?
◆ How long can the prepared milk powder be stored?
◆ Regarding warm milk, have you made these mistakes?
◆ How do I know that the baby is full?
◆ How to judge the baby's milk intake?
1. How to deal with the leftover milk that the baby can't finish drinking at one time?
If the baby drinks the leftover milk, if there is only a little, it is recommended to throw it away; if there is a lot left, it is recommended that the adult drink it; if there is a lot of milk left and you don’t want to drink it and you are reluctant to throw it away, you can store it for a short time and give it to the baby after heating next time Drink, but you must not be lazy to mix the leftover milk with the newly prepared milk!
It is estimated that the baby can eat 180ml, and there is 80ml left last time, so when the new formula is made, 100ml is good, and the baby should be fed the fresh milk first, and then the rest, so that the baby will not taste bad.
2. What are the tips for warming milk in cold weather?
If it is only occasionally left, then use hot water to warm it up, which is safe and save money, but pay attention to the temperature not to be too high, because the baby drinks cold or hot milk is not good! Milk that is too hot can damage the mucous membrane of the oral esophagus; milk that is too cold can cause intestinal intolerance, loose stools or bloating, and the baby will become uneasy and cry.
☑ Tips for warming milk: When warming milk, drop a few drops of milk on the back of your hands or wrists, so that it doesn't feel hot, and it feels warm.
If you often have milk powder left, it is recommended to buy a milk warmer. A dedicated milk warmer is convenient and worry-free, but the temperature should not be too high. This is mainly due to the probiotics in the milk powder, and the heating temperature cannot exceed 40 degrees.
But no matter whether it is a breast milk warmeror a bottle with a thermometer, do not rely on it 100%, because when the instrument also fails, it is best to form a habit of putting a few drops of milk on the back of your hand or wrist every time before feeding. Try the temperature, even if it can't measure the temperature accurately, but at least it adds a line of defense for the baby.
3. How long can the prepared milk powder be stored?
The prepared milk powder can be stored in the refrigerator if it has not been eaten, but it cannot exceed 24 hours, and it cannot exceed 2 hours at room temperature.
In the colder winter, the milk powder is not easy to deteriorate. The remaining milk powder after preparation can be heated for the baby to continue eating within 1-2 hours. After more than 2 hours, even if the milk powder has not deteriorated, it has already lost a lot of nutrients. It doesn't make sense anymore.
In spring and autumn, the remaining milk powder after brewing can be drunk within 1 hour after heating. For example, because of the higher temperature in summer, the milk powder is easy to deteriorate, so it is best to drink it within half an hour after brewing. Don't eat it when you are young.
With particular emphasis on:
Part of the saliva will flow back into the bottle while the baby is sucking, but because the milk is white and opaque, it is not very visible. The milk mixed with saliva is easy to breed bacteria, and the baby's intestines and stomach are very fragile, so don't let the baby take the risk of eating a bad stomach to drink the leftover milk for a long time in order to save this little milk powder!
4. Regarding warm milk, have you made these mistakes?
Mistake 1: Keep the milk in the milk warmer for more than 3 hours
It is best to drink the prepared milk powder immediately, so as to ensure that the temperature of the milk powder is suitable, and it can also prevent the milk powder from breeding bacteria for a long time. The prepared milk powder should not be kept in a milk warmer for more than 3 hours if it has not been eaten, because the temperature in the milk warmer is higher than normal temperature and it is more likely to become a breeding ground for bacteria. If the milk powder has been eaten and there is leftover, it should be discarded and no longer eaten. Don't be afraid that the waste will damage the baby's health.
Mistake 2: It is convenient and quick to warm milk in a microwave oven
Although a microwave oven can heat food quickly, it is not recommended to heat baby bottles. The baby bottle may be cold to the touch, but the liquid in it may be very hot and can burn the baby’s mouth and throat. Moreover, the expansion of liquid in a closed container may cause an explosion. More importantly, heating in a microwave oven may cause the loss of some nutrients in the milk powder.
Mistake 3: Heat the milk to a boil and then cool it down to a suitable temperature
Everyone knows that boiling can sterilize. We also know that milk powder that has been left for a period of time may grow a small amount of bacteria, so we "make our own clever" boil the cooled milk and cool it to a suitable temperature before giving it to the baby. We don't know that there are many kinds of milk powder. Nutrients are heat-labile. While boiling sterilizes, a large number of nutrients are heated and deteriorated.
Mistake 4: Flat-bed warming milk is better and more convenient
In order to warm up the milk faster and more evenly, some mothers want to use a flat-bed warming method. What is the flat type? Put the bottle lying flat and put it in the milk warmer for heating. Some mothers think that warming the milk in this way can increase the contact area of the milk, so that the milk is heated more evenly and faster.
Note: This way of lying flat is only suitable for water-free milk warmers. If you use a water-filled breast warmer at home, don't use it lying flat. Otherwise, the water seeping into the milk will not only dilute the milk, but also threaten the baby's health.
In addition, it should be noted that the flat-bed warming method may also cause milk spillage.
Mistake 5: The bottle should be sealed when warming the milk
Some mothers think that when the milk is warmed, the cap of the feeding bottle must be tightly sealed to ensure that the milk is clean and not contaminated. In fact, if the milk bottle and the milk warmer are cleaned and disinfected in time, and the milk is stored correctly in the refrigerator, then there is no need to worry about it. When the milk is warmed, it is better to leave a little gap.
When the milk is warmed, the temperature of the milk warmer is generally set to 40°C, and the milk is warmed for several minutes. According to the principle of thermal expansion and contraction, if the milk bottle or milk bag is full and sealed, after heating the milk continuously, the milk will overflow or the bottle cap or milk storage bag will explode. Case. Therefore, it is better to leave a little gap when the milk is heated.
5. How do I know that the baby is full?
1. Observe urination: relying solely on breastfeeding, the baby urinates more than 6 times in a 24-hour period, which is a sign of fullness. If you urinate less than 5 times a day in 24 hours, it means that there is not enough milk and the baby is not full.
2. Observe the stool: Breast-fed babies have less stools and green foamy stools, which indicates that the mother's milk is insufficient and the baby is not full. Changes in the baby's weight can often indicate whether the baby is full or hungry.
6. How to judge the baby's milk intake?
1. Newborn baby's milk intake: 30-60 ml each time for newly born babies, 6-8 times a day. As the number of days increases, increasing to 120 ml each time, the number of feedings decreases.
But this is just for reference. If your child is clamoring to eat, you still have to feed him and make him full. Also feed water, feed once between two milks, not too much, do not affect the baby's milk intake.
2. One-month baby's milk intake: feeding on demand is the principle of one-month baby feeding. Feed as much as the baby can eat. Believe in the baby's physical instinct. A full baby will be satisfied between feedings. , Quiet, usually sleep for 3-4 hours, crying if not full.
It can also be judged by observing the baby's urine and feces. A full baby's diaper will be wet 6 times or more in 24 hours, and the stool will be soft, golden yellow and mushy, 2-4 times a day.
3. Two-month baby's milk intake: Two-month baby can eat more than last month, and is still fed on demand. A two-month baby's milk volume per day is about 600-700 ml, and it can be divided into 6-7 times a day, with an interval of 3-4 hours each time, about 80-100 ml each time. Free consultation with WeChat 1726076400 for feeding issues.
If the baby falls asleep at night, there is generally no need to wake the baby to feed, so as not to affect the baby's sleep quality. It should also be noted that each baby's appetite size is different, and it is recommended to carry out reasonable feeding according to the baby's own life characteristics.
4. Three-month baby's milk intake: The three-month baby's daily milk intake is about 800ml, divided into 5-6 times, each time is about 150ml. Feeding at night is longer than the interval during the day. It is necessary to consciously lengthen the interval so that the baby will slowly develop the habit of not feeding at night. You can properly add some warm water between the two feedings of your baby, or you can add some milk with glucose to your baby to help your baby's digestion and absorption.
In addition, do not add supplementary food too early. If you add it too early, your baby will experience vomiting and diarrhea due to the immature digestive function, and the digestive function will be disordered.
5. Four to six months old baby's milk intake: 5 times a day, once every four hours, each feeding is about 200ml, the total amount of milk should be mastered, not exceeding 1000ml per day, and the amount of milk per meal shall not exceed 250 ml. Free consultation on parenting issues plus teacher WeChat 2512719033 Start feeding supplementary foods before milking at six months. Add supplementary foods between milks. You can start with rice noodles and wait for the baby's gastrointestinal function to adapt, and then slowly add other supplementary foods. Pay attention to the public account of maternal and infant knowledge: guidance on healthy parenting of mothers and infants
6. Milk intake for infants from six to nine months of age: Feed every four hours, eat 200-250 ml each time, change from four to three milks a day, and gradually add supplementary food from half a meal to one Milk.
7. Milk intake for infants from 9 to 12 months: The whole day is reduced from three meals of milk to two meals of milk, 250 ml each time. It is still controlled to eat once every four hours, and all other meals are supplemented. Feed water between every two milk meals.